Thursday, October 15, 2009

Extremities

I think that the best way to deal with temptation is to give in just a little bit. If you don't have a pressure valve to let off steam, then it will keep building until it explodes. But just a little bit of giving into temptation isn't really giving in, it's just keeping things healthy.

At the moment, I am very tempted to go shopping for cold weather clothes. But I am trying not to buy any fall stuff until my friend Jane's sale. Her sale is second only to Christmas in the thrill and anticipation that I feel when I walk into her showroom. And it's twice a year!! And coming up soon!!! (btw, let me know if you want to go.) And I don't want to feel constrained by having bought full priced clothes which have already cut into my budget.

So, I opened my pressure valve a teeny bit and about $40 escaped (I meant it to be about $10, but my pressure valve isn't very subtle). And for that $40, I got 5 new bottles of nail polish in new colors - purple, mauve, brown-ish, matte brown/gray, and sparkly blue. (more '90s!! remember Hard Candy? And yet, here I am doing it again...but I like it!)

I like all of them, actually, and am really inspired right now to play around with color, pattern and texture in tights, nail polish - and maybe soon gloves and hats, which I find myself more interested in this year. I think it's because designers are producing more creative ideas for extremities (legs, fingers, hands, well, ok, your head is not an extremity) because these accessories are cheap(er) ways of getting a new look. Nail polish definitely is, anyway.

So, there you go. All bought yesterday, so available in stores, in case you like any of them.

Btw, the other best way to deal with temptation is to give in and fully enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment