Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sexy Beast

Vampires and werewolves are so old hat, don't you think? Not that I don't like the savage wolfman-inspired coats this season, and the vampire-inspired goth we've seen recently has been fun, but Twilight has had more than its moment. It's time for the next creatures.

And while I do have sympathy for creatures like Frankenstein's as I've got a few stitches scars myself, the square head and clompy shoes really kill the buzz.

And frankly, I don't think zombies have much to offer us in terms of style inspiration. In fact, I often think the harsh overhead lighting in NY subways already makes me look like I'm one of the walking dead when I catch my frightening reflection in the window. And it's not something I'd pay money to achieve!


I think that it's the Mummy's time in the fashion spotlight. Its influence is not new - Herve Leger has been mummifying starlets for ages, and Rodarte is all about deconstructed bandaging.

































And if your budget won't allow for Leger or Rodarte-priced bandaging, these tights are a (much) cheaper option!

No comments:

Post a Comment