Sunday, November 16, 2008

Work it out, baby

I just came back from the gym, so had a chance to test out my hypothesis (not yet a theory) that you work out better, play sports better, etc if you have better clothes. For example, I did 12 full body push-ups (that's good for me), but I bet I'd have done 20 if I were wearing my new gym pants that sort of look like the spiderman costume when he's being tempted by the dark side of his power so is wearing black. (I did some knee ones too, I'm not a total wimp...)

Same thing with tennis, I noticed. I had these fugly, blobby white shoes that made my feet look so stupid, I cringed every time I looked down. Needless to say, I was so distracted that I didn't play very well. (Might also have been that I didn't play well because I was looking at my shoes and not the ball, I guess...) It didn't help that I just wore whatever to play, either - t shirts, those shorts with the really big pockets so you can put balls in them. I don't know what I was thinking. Weird bulges around one's hips is not a flattering look for women. Not for men either, actually. I looked a mess - and my playing wasn't any better. A couple years of lessons, new shoes and some cute tennis outfits from Adidas (including a little marked-down Stella McCartney) and I've improved a lot. In the outfit above, I bet my game would jump to another level!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment