Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Shoulder pads: Good or Bad?

I've been a bit short of inspiration
being focused on my upcoming vacation.
But today as I headed back home
I decided to write this post as a poem.

To keep from thoughts of cabs crashing
I let my mind wander to fashion,
more specifically if pix of Jacko's jackets,
with his sparkled and spangly epaulets,
might spur mass mania for big shoulders?
Will that look leave people cold, or
will we go even more '80s
and start seeing more linebacker ladies?

I like the return of the legging
but will not take my jeans in for pegging.
My hiking pants are pegged - they look ugly
And so high waisted, they're not even snuggly!
Aargh, '80s, I think I'll avoid it,
that topic is over-exploited!

Ah well, I'd better start packing.
I'd hate to find vital things lacking.
I'm off to a wedding in Deutschland
and want to make sure I'm set for what's planned.
I'm back soon - it's a short time I'm staying.
So adieu, adios, and auf Wiedersehen!

PS, I wrote this in a snap,
I realize the rythm is cr*p...

No comments:

Post a Comment